double wedding ring {take two}


Resistance was futile. Again! Ever since I finished my double wedding ring pillow cover I could not stop thinking about giving this block another try.


Last time I used regular foundation paper piecing method to make the arches. This time, however, I used freezer paper method (you can find a great tutorial here). I do prefer this method over regular paper piecing because it avoids sewing over paper and I could keep reusing the template.


Love the texture of this simple straight line quilting in a grid. Easy and quite effective, I think.


I bound it with 2.25" bias binding - pressed in half lengthwise, attached by machine to the front and hand stitched to the back.

Now I just need to decide what to do with this mini. I might use it as a wall hanging. Or maybe a pretty placemat or a table topper? Not sure yet, but I do love the way it turned out so it's definitely staying and getting used :)

What fun projects have you been up to lately? Do tell. Svetlana