w.i.p wednesday

Hello, happy Wednesday!

Look, I'm almost ready for Christmas. I finished my Vintage Holiday quilt top. I like how bright and breezy and fresh it feels, although it felt pretty weird to photograph a Christmas quilt top on such a hot, humid day (it's over 90 degrees right now).


I was originally planning on doing a red border, then I found out that I just did not have enough red fabric. And, since I did not want to spend many hours browsing online fabric stores and spending a fortune (I knew I'd end up buying a lot more than just enough fabric for this project), I decided to go with what I had - Kona white that I was using for my blocks. I will save red for the binding, I do have enough, I checked.

As you can imagine, I'm not in a rush to finish up my Christmas quilt, so I started working on a new quilt for my son's bed.


I'm using Pow Wow pattern by Allison (Cluck Cluck Sew). I've wanted to make this quilt from the moment Allison first showed it on her blog. I really, really like it and I think it will make for a gorgeous boy quilt. But, these blocks take f o r e v  e r !! I found out I don't particularly enjoy working with triangles and I really dislike trimming blocks as I go. Thankfully I'm almost half way done with my blocks so I'm not going to stop now. Wish me luck.


I also tried my hand at paper piecing. I used Ayumi's super adorable popsicles pattern. The paper piecing went pretty well, I was just sort of disappointed with my choice of fabric. I really don't know what I was thinking. I'll look at it as a practice run and hope to do a better job choosing happier, brighter fabrics next time.

What have you been working on lately? Have you started your Christmas sewing yet?

Grab a button: